About Our Center
The Center for Spiritual Living began in Lewiston, ID in November, 1998, when a dedicated group of people came together to study the works of Ernest Holmes. Holmes’ core philosophy is laid out in his popular “Science of Mind” book, written in 1926 and revised in 1938. The organization that grew up around his teachings came to be known as the Church of Religious Science.
This core group formed the Lewiston Society for Religious Science. Early meeting places included Kiwanis Park, a meeting room at Sterling Bank and eventually, the Lewiston Community Center. In 2001, members purchased the building at the current location in Clarkston, WA and changed the name to Center for Positive Living. In 2008, in accordance with an overall name change of the national organization (United Centers for Spiritual Living) the center changed its name to the current Center for Spiritual Living Lewis Clark Valley.
The Center has been guided by four ministers and numerous guest speakers. Our original minister was Rev. Amy Aspel. Following her have been Rev. Wayne Stevenson and Rev. Ramona Hickman. Our current minister, Rev. David Robinson, joined us in April, 2011. In between, our community has been blessed with the wisdom and love of many speakers including Rev. Pamela Beatty, (Northern Lights Center in Tukwila, WA) Rev. Sharon Ramey, (CSL Seattle), Rev. Robert Pulliam, Pat Richmond, RScP of Walla Walla, David Capps, and, by DVD, Rev. Kathianne Lewis (CSL Seattle).
We are grateful to all the bright lights who have inspired and guided us over the years, as well as all who have journeyed with us, whether for a Sunday or all the years.